Café, oyster and wine bar serving coastal inspired cuisine with a touch of southern influence. inside the historic Swan’s Market, old Oakland. Open Mon 11-4; Tue-Sat 11-8
A very special Organic café by a female cook formerly of Nepenthe — and Memphis, TN before that.
Find delightful offerings and fresh oysters in the style of a French huîtrerie. Lunch, dinner, and Saturday brunch.
Local seafood and produce, featuring hyper-local organic greens harvested weekly from a nearby Urban Farm supporting inner-city youth. Also: house-made jams and house-fermented cucumbers, cauliflower, carrots and more as pickles!
Good gluten-free options. Biodynamic and natural wines. Walk-ins only. Outdoor garden sidewalk seating.
Pantry items and artisan delights are available for take-home from the market and bottle shop. Order ahead for pickup if you’re tight on time!
What to Order:
- Harissa chicken starting at Noon and served w potatoes & greens
- Kale & Quinoa salad (add harissa chicken!)
- Market salad
- Don’t miss salad add-ons like pickled eggs and avocado!
- Pickle plate
- Memphis style slaw (vinegar-based)
- House chicken liver pate and toast
- Fresh local oysters – also including unshucked oysters to prepare at home.