Vibrant authentic Jewish deli with great sourcing practices. A long-standing Berkeley institution.
Saul’s celebrates homemade Jewish soul food and traditional culinary practices centered around vegetables, seafood, legumes, and fruit. Grab a meal or two plus more, with deli items to go. Breakfast served til 1pm. Lunch & dinner daily.
Local organic fruits and vegetables. Pasture-raised, sustainable meats. Fair-trade, organic coffee and local organic Acme bread, including a special handmade fermented rye. Tonic sodas made in-house. Local beers on tap.
Kids menu, large format and catering available. No cash, no AMEX.
What to Order:
- House pickles
- Liver plate for extra B Vitamins!
- Breakfast in a pita or Eggs levant
- Shakshouka and Poached egg
- Chicken soup (broth only, matzo ball, &/or noodles as preferred)
- Eggplant Ottolenghi
- Trout over mesquite
- Oven-ready seasonal vegetables to go
- Acme Rye or Challah loaves
- Deli salads like hummus, tabouleh, Jerusalem salad, beets, and more
- Herring by the 1/2 pint
Not gonna mention the knish or chocolate babka!
A remarkable Hanukkah menu & Thanksgiving pre-order. Select menu on website or via takeout link below.
Check in at host stand for table assignment and place order from table. HEPA filtration installed.