Health-conscious traditional menus featuring the food, drinks, and flavors from all regions of Northern Iran. Also showcasing plenty of Bay Area fresh produce, herbs, spices, and products.
**Closed 3-6pm Sat**
Komaaj Kitchen is an extension of the Komaaj catering and pop-ups much beloved by Bay Area insiders. Preparations are fresh, flavorful and delicious – from the shareable spreads and dips with toasted Sangak flatbread to the salads and herbed rice dishes with spiced fish, chicken or vegetables. Do check daily specials, and don’t miss $14 – $15 lunch boxes on Thursdays and Fridays only.
Dinner reservations via website or OpenTable. Outdoor sidewalk and parklet seating. Good Vegetarian options + Vegan options.
Special Persian holiday and family meals for Saturday pickup or delivery throughout the Bay Area, when available.
What to Order:
- Cucumber salad with fermented herbs
- Herb rice with trout
- Beet dip & Naz Khatoun dip (roasted eggplant/walnuts/herbs)
- Marinated olives
- Saffron white sardines
- Wild cod liver (when available)
- Pomegranate & walnut stew
- Herb rice & turmeric chicken thigh (we avoid the processed fake meat and stick to the ‘real deal’ or veggie dishes!)